The Forum

A Public Newspaper for a Private School

The Forum

The Forum

Tip-Off Can’t Come Soon Enough for Girls Basketball

Northside Basketball Media Day
The girls Varsity Basketball team has their first regular season home game Nov. 14 against Decatur High School.

After another successful season last year, the girls Varsity Basketball team is entering the year with high hopes. “I hope the team is able to find their own identity and [is] able to come together and find new leadership amongst themselves,” Coach Moe Dawson says. The team is having to rebuild its foundation after four seniors graduated last year. Last year’s seniors were a big part of the team, and without them the team is going to have to work together to become better than ever. 

Tryouts have come to a close and the girls are ready to start the season off strong. This year there is only a Varsity team with 15 girls, which is raising the stakes for the team to do well. Last year, the Pythons went to the state playoffs for the second year in a row. This year they hope to go again.

The team is trying to carry on the legacy of the seniors who graduated last year. “I hope to make it to the state tournament and really improve as a team and as individual players,” Kate Banks ’24 says. Their first scrimmage of the season is on Tuesday, Nov. 7 against Lithia Springs High School. 

The Pythons goal to make it to the state tournament has become somewhat of a standard. They have qualified for the tournament 19 of the last 20 seasons, and they hope the continue that dominance this season.